35th Street Chamber of Commerce Supports Local Business

By Jose Burgos | Posted November 23, 2015

image01

The 35th Street Chamber of Commerce, located at the corner of 35th Street and Austin Boulevard in Cicero, began with the idea of uniting and promoting businesses in the town of Cicero and its bordering towns.  David O. Koch, owner of Koch & Associates, P.C. and 35th Street Realty, Inc., founded the organization.

The official seal of the 35th Street Chamber of Commerce

Source: 35th Street Chamber of Commerce

The mission statement of the organization reads, “The 35th Street Chamber of Commerce is a leadership, educational and advocacy organization, which fosters and promotes businesses and business interests in the town of Cicero and surrounding area.”

Koch’s ideology has been to continuously give back to the community as much as possible. The idea of the Chamber is to draw more business owners to open their businesses on 35th Street in hopes of making it a busy street with lots of services to offer. Many business owners have come forward excitedly to join the organization as they see the benefits of expanding and promoting their businesses.

Photo by Maribel Burgos | Left: David O. Koch, Elizabeth Hernandez, and Jesse Jimenez

Just this past September at the Business Networking After-hours, keynote speaker State Representative Elizabeth ‘Lisa’ Hernandez of the 24th District gave an encouraging speech about expansion and support for the organization. As she stands behind the Chamber, Representative Hernandez is among one of the many people who advocates growth of small businesses.

Photo by Maribel Burgos | Source: 35th Street Chamber of Commerce

All Chamber events are accompanied by live music from soulful acoustic to mariachi. Great-tasting food and drinks are always served and prizes are won in raffles. Talking business is what drives everyone to partake in the networking hours. Business owners are encouraged to participate and speak about their business as a way to promote.

The Chamber released a business directory of all the current businesses that make up the organization on 35th Street and in other parts of town. The businesses vary from restaurants to banks, all benefiting from the advocacy of the Chamber. The Chamber will be hosting its monthly business meeting at the firm Koch & Associates, P.C on Dec. 1. The community is welcome to join the meeting to meet everyone and a chance to give their input on the chamber on how to make it greater.      The Business Networking After-hours for the month of December have yet to be announced. If interested in joining the Chamber, visit 35thstreetchamberofcommerce.org or the Facebook page for Koch & Associates, P.C., for more information.

The full directory of the 35th Street Chamber of Commerce members

Source: 35th Street Chamber of Commerce