UPDATE: President search for Morton College

By Arielle Vega | Posted July 29, 2015

Dr. Dana Grove

The Collegian first broke news about President Grove resigning as the President of the college earlier this monthFollowing the news that President Dana Grove has resigned, the Board of Trustees provided an update on the president search that is currently underway at the July Board Meeting. The previous search for the new college president led to the collection of distinguished individuals from around the globe. 

Morton College is hosting a special web page that can be accessed by anyone through the college website. It will let people look over the presidential profile, and on the official website will be a link to the application for President if anyone is interested.

As of July 22, Morton College has received 28 applications. There are only a few more weeks to apply for this position as the search will end in September.

The Presidential Committee is a combination of Board of Trustee members, facility, staff and community members. The following people will serve on the presidential committee: Trustee Joseph J. Belcaster, Trustee Melissa Cundari, Student Trustee Alejandra Murillo, Provost and Interim President Muddassir Siddiqi, David Gonzalez, Frank Marzullo, Dante Orfei, Janet Crockett, Patricia Parise, Dennis Haffron, Karen Piest, Eric Porod, Mark Craft and Jim Tareiceno (community member). The final committee member will be chosen at a different time.